Knitted wire mesh is a type of wire fabric manufactured by a circular knitted machine. It can be made of various materials, such as stainless steel, copper, nickel, Monel, Teflon plastic and other alloy materials. The various material wires are knitted into a sleeve of continuous stocking of inter-linked wire loops.
knitted wire mesh can be divided into different types according to different standard. You can refer to the following types, and choose the best fit for you.
- According to the material. The knitted wire mesh can be made of various materials including steels and plastic materials. The steel knitted wire mesh are including galvanized wire, copper wire, brass wire, stainless steel wire, Monel wire, Nickel wire and other alloy wires. The plastic material including polypropylene wire, polyethylene wire, PVC wire and others.
According to wire types. The knitted wire mesh can made by flattened wires or round wires. The wires have different wire diameters and can be used in different applications. Just choose according to your requirements.
According to filament. The knitted wire mesh can be made of mono-filament and multi-filament wire. The mono-filament knitted wire mesh has simple structure to be used in the common applications and the multi-filament knitted wire mesh is widely used in the heavy duty applications.
According to the appearance. The knitted wire mesh can be flattened or ginning types. The original appearance of knitted wire mesh is flattened. The flattened knitted wire mesh can be crimped by machines to form different shapes, width and depths crimps to suit different applications.
According to the technology. Commonly, the knitted wire mesh is produced in rolls. For some applications, the knitted wire mesh can be compressed into different shapes, such as rectangular, round, ring.
Specifications of knitted wire mesh
- Material: stainless steel, carbon steel, copper, Monel, titanium.
- Wire type: flat wire or round wire.
- Wire diameter:
- Round wire: 0.08 mm – 0.5 mm.
- Flat wire: 0.1 mm × 0.3 mm, 0.1 mm × 0.4 mm, 0.2 mm × .4 mm, 0.2 mm × 0.5 mm.
- Mesh opening: 2 mm × 3 mm, 4 mm × 6 mm to 12 mm × 6 mm.
Features of knitted wire mesh
- Various materials. Different material knitted wire mesh can be used in various applications for different requirements.
- Solid structure. The interlocking structure of knitted wire mesh make the structure is solid, which will not loose when using.
- High efficiency. The knitted wire mesh can be used as demister pad for high filtering efficiency.
- Corrosion and rust resistance.
- Acid and alkali resistance.
- Temperature resistance.
- Wide range of applications.
Applications of knitted wire mesh
- Knitted wire mesh is widely used as demister pads for gas and liquid separators.
- Knitted wire mesh can be used for cleaning machines, kitchens and other components and parts.
- Compressed knitted wire mesh can be installed in the engines to decrease noise and reduce shocks.
- Knitted wire mesh can be used as shielding mesh for EMI/RFI shielding.